Migrating NSF to PST has become a common conversion task these days. Both are popular and extensively used files for exchanging data from one place to another.
IBM introduced the Lotus Notes email client. It provides multiple collaboration functions to organizations such as email calendars, blogs, Instant Messaging, forums, and personnel directory. Moreover, Lotus Notes can be used with other databases and Domino applications. It saves the entire emails, contacts, and other information in the .nsf file.
Outlook on the other hand also represented as Personal Information Manager. It is a part of Microsoft Office Suite. More than half a million of the population utilizes Outlook applications to send/receive data from one place to another. It helps in managing emails, address books, calendars, tasks, lists, documents, journals, and other items on the hard drive. In addition, it creates a single PST folder to store the related database such as contacts, emails, calendars, etc.
Best Method – Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter
Why Export NSF to PST with Multiple Mailboxes?
There are heaps of reasons behind the conversion of Lotus Notes mailbox to Outlook. Some of them listed below:
- MS Outlook provides the flexibility to work in offline mode.
- Outlook delivers better management functionality for email and data.
- Lotus Notes is not reliable in terms of security and safety.
- Outlook carries user-friendly interface than the IBM Notes application.
- Lotus Notes maintenance charges are high than Microsoft Outlook.
- Outlook provides easy data sharing than Lotus Notes.
- Lastly, Outlook proved as one of the best email programs in multitasking.
Read in Brief – Lotus Notes Vs Outlook
How to Migrate NSF to PST with Attached Folders?
There are multiple methods to Export NSF to PST, one is manual and another one is third party solution.
Convert NSF to PST Manually
Before implementing the process manually, it is recommended to take the backup of the NSF file in case of any mishappening. The manual method is divided into two parts:
- Export NSF File from Lotus Notes
- Import Resultant File to Outlook
Export NSF File from Lotus Notes
- Run Lotus Notes email application on the system and simultaneously open NSF file.
- Now, click on the Open button appearing on the top left side of the Lotus Notes email client.
- Choose the NSF file accordingly to open in the application.
- Go to Menu, select File, and click on the Export option present in the menu.
- After the Export window displays, set the location where you want to save the file. Click on Save As and choose CSV (Comma Separated Value) or Structured Text.
- Rename a file and click on Export.
- If you select Comma Separated Value, a dialogue box will appear, choose options as per need for the same and click OK.
Import Resultant File to MS Outlook
- Open MS Outlook application on the desktop.
- Go to File and click on Open.
- Select the Import option from the list.
- A window of Import and Export panel will appear, select the option of Import from another program or file. Now, click Next.
- Choose Comma Separated Value file and press Next.
- Select a file by browsing the location on the system and click Next.
- Set the destination path to import the CSV file and hit Next.
- The process will immediately start and complete in few seconds. Click on Finish and exit.
By implementing the steps, one can easily migrate NSF to PST.
The article has discussed two methods for export NSF to PST with emails, contacts, and calendars.