0x800ccc0f Outlook 2016 – Outlook often runs into annoying errors that can crop up out of nowhere. Such errors won’t be very easy to grasp on first look which is why we frequently see Outlook users complaining about technical forums. The truth, however, is that, more often than not, it’s not that difficult to repair Outlook error codes and a couple of easy steps are all you would like.
Avoid Long Method, Use – Quick Recovery – Data Recovery Software – For Microsoft Outlook Mails
This article will be focusing on the 0x800ccc0f Outlook 2016 that indicates that there has been an interruption in the connection to the server. Read on to understand the causes, fixes, and therefore the ultimate solution to the present error.
What is Error Code 0x800ccc0f Outlook 2016?
This error typically arises once you attempt to send/receive SMTP based emails. And the worst part is, it doesn’t give you any signs; it just appears one day even when everything was working fine till that moment. The Error 0x800ccc0f Outlook 2016 occurs with the message:
Task ‘server name – Sending and Receiving’ reported error (0x800ccc0f): ‘The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact the server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).’
So, let us understand the root cause behind the send receive error in Outlook.
Reasons Behind Error Code 0x800ccc0f Outlook 2016
Understanding the explanations behind the occurrence of an Outlook error often gives the users hints to repair it on their own. Error 0x800ccc0f may appear because:
- There are connectivity issues in the network or the Internet.
- MS Windows firewall is blocking MS Outlook.
- Your antivirus e-mail protection utility is enabled, and it’s checking emails as and once they are available from your POP server.
- Maybe your Outlook profile settings are incorrect.
- Your Outlook profile data is damaged or corrupted.
- The server settings are incorrect.
Now that you’re aware of the exact reasons that trigger this error, you can try out some handy fixes mentioned in the next section to resolve it.
Resolving 0x800ccc0f Outlook 2016
Resolving this error involves many approaches based on what the exact reason is from the ones listed above. Therefore, try each solution mentioned below one by one and send/receive emails after applying each one to test if it is rectified.
Also, Read – Outlook Not Receiving Emails Automatically
1. Check if you’re connected to the Internet
First, make sure your computer is sending/receiving data over the Internet or not. For this:
- Open a browser window and type any website’s URL. If it opens, it means your computer is connected.
- If not, you’ll need to troubleshoot network connectivity problems. So, by right-clicking on your Wi-Fi connection signal or Ethernet cable connection signal and clicking on “Troubleshoot Problems” from the pop-up menu.
2.Disable Windows Firewall and Anti-virus utility
- Go to Start > Control Panel -> Network Connection
- Right-click on the internet connection you’re using
- From the menu select ‘Properties’
- Navigate to the ‘Security’ tab, and cut off the Firewall.
Now you need to manually add the incoming POP server name (pop.gn.apc.org) and the outgoing SMTP server name (smtp.gn.apc.org) in the E-mail Accounts in Outlook. For this:
- Go to Outlook -> Tools -> E-mail Accounts -> View or change existing e-mail accounts -> Next.
- And, In the E-mail Accounts dialog box, click Add.
- Then, Click POP3 -> Next
- Type the correct information for your POP3 mail server, and then click Next -> Finish
- Check and rectify Outlook account settings
The settings for Outlook profile will differ for every Outlook version. Hence, read about profile settings and how to change them (or delete the current profile and create a new one if required) and then proceed carefully. Exercise caution before applying any changes since a wrong setting could worsen the problem.
3.Start Outlook in Safe mode
Starting Outlook in Safe mode disables add-ins, and launches Outlook with just the essential settings. If any faulty add-ins are the source of the problem, this might rectify the issue. For this:
- In the ‘Start’ menu, open Search or type outlook.exe /safe within the Search box and click on OK. For Outlook 2003 and earlier, you’ll need to type this in the Run dialog box
4.Run Inbox Repair Tool (ScanPST.exe or ScanOST.exe)
If none of the above works, then it may be possible that your PST or OST file got corrupted. You can repair them with Microsoft’s in-built inbox repair tools ScanPST.exe and ScanOST.exe. Search these tools on your system and launch them one by one. Specify the PST and OST files your Outlook profile is using and therefore the tool should do the remainder.
Many times Outlook users get stuck and receive an issue “send receive error code 0x800ccc0f Outlook 2016.” It may also affect the continuity of workflow. So, In this blog, we have explained all possible reasons behind the occurrence of this error code. In addition, we have covered different manual methods to solve “ Error Code 0x800ccc0f Outlook 2016” in an efficient and reliable manner.
Also, Read – How to Resolve Outlook Error Code 8 Manually?