Parallel lines are the types of lines that will never intersect or meet each other at any point in time in the plane. These are always parallel and will always remain equidistant from each other. Parallel lines are the non-intersecting lines and further one can very easily say that these lines will meet at the infinity point. Where any kind of transversal will be intersecting two parallel lines different types of angles will be formed for example alternate interior angles, vertically opposite angles, corresponding angles, linear pair, alternate exterior angles and several other options
Two lines are always said to be parallel lines when they will never meet at any point in the plane and lines which do not have any kind of common intersection point and never cross the path with each other are known as parallel lines. The symbol for showing the parallel lines is ||.
Also, Get best book reviews from experts.
Following are the very basic properties of the parallel lines:
- These kinds of lines will never intersect orbit never have a common plane.
- If the transversal is intersecting to Parallel lines at two distinct points then there will be four angles formed at every point.
- Corresponding angles will always be equal
- Vertically opposite angles will be equal
- Alternate interior angles will be equal
- Alternate exterior angles will be equal
- The pair of interior angles on the same side of the transversal will be supplementary
Following are the most important theorems associated with the parallel lines in the world of mathematics:
- Theorem one: If two lines will be parallel to each other and will be intercepted by a transversal then the pair of alternate interior angles will always be equal.
- Theorem two: If two lines are parallel and are intersected by the transversal then the pair of alternate interior angles on the same side of the transversal will be supplementary.
These kinds of parallel lines are very easily visible to people in real life and the only thing which people need to have is a good amount of patience to observe these kinds of examples. One of the very basic examples is the railway track because these are the parallel lines as two lines or tracks are meant for the wheels of the train to travel along and will never meet each other. The difference between the parallel lines can be perfectly understood with the help of flat surfaces, paper, train tracks, slopes, mountains, bridges and several other kinds of things. It is also very much important to graph the parallel lines so that kids can have a good command of the whole chapter and further it is important for the people to ensure that everything has been undertaken at the same angle along with the same slope or same steepness.
Being clear about all the properties of the parallel lines is very much important for the kids so that they can have a good command of the whole process and are further very much successful in terms of dealing with several kinds of real lives in their use. It is also very much crucial for the kids to have a good idea about the several kinds of angle relationships of the parallel lines and line segment so that there is no query in the minds of kids and they can solve the questions very easily. Having a good idea about the identification of the corresponding angles, alternate interior angles and several other options is important for the kids so that they can solve the questions very easily and apply the best possible properties without any kind of hassle. Registering the kids on platforms like Cuemath is a good idea because everything will be undertaken by the experts over there and kids will be having a good command over the whole process very easily.