Summary: Many users are worried about managing their multiple Outlook PST files together. If you are also the one who is facing trouble in handling PST files in bulk? Don’t worry! You are at the right place. In this post, we will guide you on how to merge multiple Outlook PST files into one.
A PST is an acronym for Personal Storage Table. This file format is used within Microsoft Outlook to store your emails, messages, calendars, contacts, etc. Users can access their PST files online. It supports Microsoft Exchange Client, Windows Messaging, and all the versions of Outlook with different size limits.
Now, before moving further, let’s get familiar with the reasons behind merging the multiple PST files into a single one.
Also, Read – How to Split Large PST File Outlook 2013?
Why to Merge Multiple Outlook PST Files?
There are several instances where users wanted to merge their multiple Outlook files into a single one. Some of them are listed below:
- While migrating Microsoft Outlook PST files into another email client.
- To avoid accidental data loss or accidental deletion.
- Prohibit your data from data loss and corruption issues.
- To increase the performance of the Microsoft Outlook application.
- At the time of creating a backup of an existing account.
Therefore, a single Outlook PST file is easy to manage for the user. Now, let’s move further to know about how to merge PST files in Outlook. You can merge multiple Outlook data files manually and professionally.
How to Merge Multiple Outlook PST Files Manually?
If you want to merge your multiple Outlook PST files into a single one, follow the steps carefully. To make it easy for the users, we have split the manual process into two parts.
Step 1: Create A New Microsoft Outlook PST file
- Open the desktop-based Outlook application on your device.
- Navigate to the Home tab and click on the New items.
- Under the new items, press More items and then select the Outlook data files option.
- Now, choose the Path where you want to save your PST file.
- At last, enter the resultant file name and hit the Ok button.
(Note: Tick the add optional password option if you want to lock your PST file.)
Step 2: Import Microsoft Outlook Data to New PST File
- Open Microsoft Outlook on your system.
- Go to the File tab and click on the Open & Export option.
- Now, click on the Import/Export file settings icon.
- Select Import from another program or file option in the import export wizard, and press the Next button.
- Choose Outlook data files .pst in the and tap on the Next button.
- In the next wizard, browse the PST file and hit the Ok button.
- Select the Features as per your requirement and press the Next button.
- Finally, choose the folder in which you want to import your new PST data files and hit the Finish button.
Now, In this part, your existing Outlook data will be transferred to the new PST file which you create in part 1. However, this process consumes more time and effort for the users. Therefore, users are searching for a professional method to merge multiple Outlook PST files effortlessly.
Merge Multiple Outlook PST Files Using Professional Method
SysInfo PST Merge is a cost-effective and reliable technique that merges multiple Outlook data files into a single file. This software is built with highly efficient programs that combine multiple PST files into one consolidated PST file.
Although, it is a fast and effective technique with a variety of options. Users can also use the free trial version of the software to evaluate the complete software.
Steps to Merge Outlook PST files
- Download and Run the PST File Merge.
- Add multiple PST files that you want to merge into a single one.
- Now, select the Merge PST files option and tick Additional features as per your requirement.
- You can tick the Remove duplicate or Exclude deleted items if you want.
- Choose the Path to save the resultant file.
- Apply password on your PST file and hit the Next button.
- Now, the process has started. Wait until the whole process successfully completes to check the results.
Salient Features of the PST Merge Tool
- The software combines multiple Outlook data files with Emails, Contacts, Tasks, Calendars, etc.
- It supports three PST files merge options: Merge PST, Join PST, & Merge contacts.
- Allows users to protect their PST files by applying a password.
- The demo version permits users to merge the first 50 items of each PST file.
- The tool is compatible with MS Outlook 2019 ( 32bit and 64 bit ) and the below versions.
In the above post, we have described the manual as well as professional methods. However, the standard process is lengthy. So we recommend users switch to an advanced technique that merge multiple Outlook PST files into one consolidated file. Therefore, this is the method that combines your Outlook PST files in a single go.