Nowadays, Microsoft Outlook is the most popular email client in the corporate sector and the most versatile email client. Most organizations use Outlook for communication.
Sometimes, users face many problems while using Outlook. And, Outlook Not Responding is the most common problem in Outlook. If the same problem is repeated again by again then users are frustrated.
In this article, we are going to discuss how you can solve Outlook Keeps Freezing, or Outlook Accounts Not Responding errors. But, before moving on to the solution, we need to know the causes according to Microsoft teams.
Reasons behind the Outlook Not Responding
These are the different reasons for Microsoft Outlook not responding that we mention below:
- If you do not have to install the latest updates.
- MS Outlook users trying to add an attachment to a user’s mail.
- If you installed some other process or a program.
- A recently installed add-in is interfering with Outlook.
- Over the maximum capacity of your mailbox.
- If users Outlook data files are either damaged or have become corrupt.
- It can possibly be due to the user profile having become corrupt.
These are the common probable causes to Outlook Not Responding Constantly. In the next section, we will discuss the solution to solve this error.
Common Solution to Outlook Accounts Not Responding
These are the ”Not Responding Message ” is generally displayed by Windows’ Applications and including Outlook.
1. Force Quit Outlook
Sometimes Outlook is not responding and refuses to close, Then, you need to use Task Manager to close it. Follow all the steps that we mention below:
- Use the CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys to open the Task Manager.
- Click on the Processes tab then highlight the Microsoft Outlook from the drop-down list.
- Right-click on Outlook then open the new windows, click on the End task to force-quit Microsoft Outlook.
2. Update Microsoft Outlook
Outlook version 2013 and above all versions are integrated to automatically receive updates from Microsoft. These updates ensure the most recent improvements to fix all the bugs that are users faces. Sometimes, after these updates settings are automatically changed.
Once you observe that Outlook Not Responding Constantly, follow the instructions that are mentioned below to restore the Auto-update feature.
- Firstly, click on the File tab and choose Office Account.
- Then, select the Update Options and after that choose the Enable Updates”. And, If your computer is prompted to allow Outlook then click on the Yes button.
3. Start Outlook in Safe Mode
If you start your Outlook in safe mode, Then, you can all settings are reverted to Outlook default settings that is allow for easier detection and rectification of errors.
If you want to start Outlook in safe mode, you need to hold the CTRL button from your keyboard, and then click on your Outlook shortcut. Outlook asks if you are required to start Outlook in Safe Mode.
These are the several methods of starting Outlook in safe mode, this method is the very simple method and most effective because it works at all versions of Windows and for all versions of Outlook. This method is very simple to solve Outlook not responding error.
4. Repair Outlook Programs
If Outlook is not working smoothly after restarting it, then you can try repairing the program and try to restart your computer afterwards.
- Firstly, open the Control Panel, and click on the Programs option.
- Then, click on the Programs and Features.
- If Outlook was successfully installed as part of Microsoft Office application suites. Then you can locate Microsoft Office 2010/2013/2016/2019 in the list. On the other hand, if Outlook was already installed as a stand-alone App. Then, you can search for it by name.
- Highlight it and click change afterwards.
- Then, choose the Repair >>Continue then follow the prompts.
- If once the Repair Process is finished, then start Outlook to confirm.
5. Disable Faulty Add-ins
- Firstly, open the Outlook, and Type Com in the Tell me what you want to do from the search box at the top right corner of Outlook and then tap on the COM Add-ins.
- From the drop-down list, uncheck the unnecessary add-ins that you want to disable, and after that click on the OK then re-launch Outlook.
- for the changes to fully take effect.
If you are facing this error “Outlook not responding constantly”. Then, you can try these methods to solve the issues. If these methods are not working for you, then you can lose your data. Here, you can take a backup of your Outlook for the security of data. In the next segment, we will discuss the alternative option to secure your Outlook data.
Alternate Option to secure your Data
If the above-discussed methods are not working for you, then your data is unsecure. Data is very important for both uses like personal and professional.
If your data is unsecure and you want to secure your data then you need to backup your Outlook data. You will try the Cigati Outlook PST Repair to backup your Outlook files. It is the most secure and reliable tool that is very useful to Repair Outlook files. The tool will help you fix the issues within the corrupted PST and also extract all the data from it for it to store into a fresh new PST. Then, you can directly import into Outlook.
In this article, we have explained all the probable causes of Microsoft Outlook not responding. We give the proper solution to solve the Outlook not responding error.
Sometimes, these methods are not working due to major technical issues then you can save your data by using the Outlook file repair. That is works on advanced technology to provide an error-free solution.