When we use Microsoft Outlook in our system, we face many problems one such common problem is Outlook Search which doesn’t work sometimes. In this article, we will clear all the doubts and problems related to fixing this search not working in Windows Outlook. You will find step-by-step processes on how to solve this problem and even if it doesn’t work out for you then you can follow the other step-by-step process too.
These methods mentioned below are subdivided into three categories and each of them is a counter to the previous methods which don’t work for you. Listed below are the following steps which may most probably solve this issue.
Here are the Simple step you need to follow to fix the issue of Outlook Search Not Working:-
1. Open Microsoft Outlook on your PC or Laptop and on the top left go to “File”.
2. Now under “File” you have to go to “Options” and then click on “Search”.
3. Under “Search” you will see a column of Results in which you need to select “All Mailboxes”.
4. In Mailboxes, you need to make sure that, you should select all the options including the first option or box which will be:
‘Include messages from the deleted items folder in each data file when searching in All Items’
In case you have accidentally deleted a message in your outlook and you are trying to search for the emails, and if you are not able to search for the emails, that is because this particular box or option is unchecked. So this is how you can go ahead now.
5. After selecting all the options and boxes you are good to go ahead and now just click on the “OK” button and try to search for the email.
In case when you search for Email and it still doesn’t work then you must follow the same first three steps to reach the same tab. After reaching the tab, this time you need to select “Indexing Options” under ‘sources’. Now follow the following steps to fix the issue.
1. After clicking on “Indexing Options” you will see the Indexing Options tab appear on the screen with 3 options, You have to select the “Modify” option.
2. After following the above step “Indexing Location” tab will appear where you have to find Microsoft Outlook and please make sure that both the Microsoft Outlook options as well as the Internet Explorer history are also ticked or selected. Now after making sure all the three boxes are selected click on the “OK” button and Restart your Computer system.
In case, again after doing the second process, it still doesn’t work then you need to again go to ‘Indexing Options’ and follow this third process this time.
1. After going to the Indexing Options tab this time instead of clicking on the ‘Modify’ you need to click on the “Advanced” option. The advanced options tab will appear in which you have to go to the ‘file types’ option.
2. Now search for a file named ‘pst’ or if you are unable to find it just go below and create the ‘pst’ file. It is a default file type where outlook stores all the email and outlook calendar. So therefore this file needs to be checked/ticked or selected and finally click on the ‘OK’.
3. Once all this is done just go ahead and restart your computer. After restarting your computer again open indexing Options in Outlook and once again go to ‘Advanced option’
4. After opening the ‘Advanced option’ and under which you need to make sure to select ‘Rebuild’ and Click on ‘OK’.
This will rebuild your indexing on your computer, this may take a while depending upon the speed of your computer. Once the rebuilding process is fully completed you need to restart your computer again, and this might finally solve your search problem in Outlook.
So these were the simple steps you need to follow to solve every issue related to Outlook Search Not Working, although if these steps are not followed properly it may also harm your system but anyone can simply go through these processes easily. All three cases are counterparts of the previous ones so even if one method doesn’t work for you, then you can follow the other one to solve the problem. Hope this article will clear all your doubts and help you to fix this issue as soon as possible.