Read the blog to know the best metShare Google Calendar with Office 365. Follow the step-by-step process and import the Office 365 calendar to the Google calendar app.
“I need to migrate all my meetings and appointments from O365 to Google Calendar. Because from now onwards I am not able to continue the Office 365 (Exchange Online) subscription plan. But, I don’t want to lose these appointments & meetings from my Office 365 calendar. So, I am searching for an instant solution that would help me to Share Google Calendar with Office 365. Can anyone suggest a simple and smart utility to perform this task?”
Microsoft Office is a cloud-based platform that helps in managing and storing crucial data in the cloud. Usually, many business people save their important data, appointments, events, meetings on the calendar to remind. Microsoft Office 365 calendars also play an important role in all organizations because Office 365 data can be accessed from any device or location across the globe. Since it is having an expensive subscription plan many O365 users searching for a free utility where they can access O365 calendars. Considering this, Google calendar came out as the most preferred choice. It’s because of its advanced functionalities like mobility, high security, stability, and high storage facility. Therefore, considering these things we come up with this write-up and provided the best solution to import Office 365 calendar into Google calendar.
Manual Solution to Share Google Calendar with Office 365
To move events, appointments, meetings, etc. from Office 365 to Google, first, configure Office 365 account in Outlook. Because it is not possible to directly import/add Office 365 calendar to the Google calendar app.
Along with this Outlook is an email application & it saves the O365 calendar in .ics format. Therefore, it is necessary to first export the .ics file from Outlook and then import it into Google Calendar.
- Firstly, log in to your Outlook account by entering the proper credentials. Then, go to the Calendar option & choose a calendar to make it the active calendar in the view.
- On the File menu, & Go to the Save Calendar option.
- Enter a name for the iCal or calendar file in the File name text box. This name should be easy to recognize and meaningful.
- Default summary of the calendar name, date range, and detail level gets displayed next to the “More Options”. If the summary will satisfy you, then you can directly jump to step 9, otherwise, you have to continue with step 4.
- After that click on the More Options.
- Then, a date range list gets displayed. You can select either the Whole calendar category to include all data present in the Office 365 calendar file or click Specify dates to enter a date range to get the selective calendar’s data as per the requirement.
- From the Detail list, select the Full details category.
- Then, click on the Show button to see the Advanced options.
If you marked the checkbox Include details of items marked private. Then, this option will request you to enter the details. It contains both the limited and Full Details. Also, it comprises the existence of private items. But, further, it will not share any information.
If you are clicking on the checkbox next to Include attachments within calendar items. This option requires details to be set to Full Details. Also, it contains all the attachments in calendar items, such as spreadsheets.
- After setting the Advanced options, click the OK button. Then, hit the Yes button to answer the question.
- Now, select the destination location for saving your calendar file and click on the Save button.
- After completing these steps log in to GWA. By default, it will open to your email. After this select the Apps icon & open the Google Calendar.
- Navigate towards the ‘Gear’ icon which is at the top right of the page. Click the drop-down menu and select the Settings option.
- From the Calendar Settings window, click on the Calendars tab.
- Then, choose the Import Calendar option for moving Office 365 Calendar to G Suite.
- Click on the Browse button to choose the location of the calendar file.
- Now, locate & choose the file that you have saved in step 9 and hit the Open button.
- Go back to the Import calendar window and verify that your Calendar is the one that you want to Share Google Calendar with Office 365.
- Just click on the Import button.
- Preview the summary of the Import process & click on the close button.
- Finally, you have successfully completed the process to add Office 365 calendar to the Google calendar app
As we know Office 365 calendars play a vital role in any organization or in individuals. But, due to its high subscription plan other reasons, many people Share Google Calendar with Office 365. Therefore, to carry out this migration task we have discussed the solution.