Do you want to Transfer Emails from Outlook to Gmail?. Are you looking for a solution to import Outlook emails to Google Apps?. This article explains the efficient solution to transfer Outlook email messages to G Suite / Google Apps.
If you are a nontech user then use the best Outlook Converter it will save you a lot of time.
Google Apps/ G Suite allows users to access their email from anywhere in the world. Outlook users do not have this facility as MS Outlook is a desktop-based client. This can be one of the reasons users want to Outlook to Gmail email migration. However, many Outlook users are unaware of the email export procedure from Outlook to Gmail. This post will shed light on Transfer Emails from Outlook to Gmail using the Gsmmo and IMAP methods. Readers will learn the techniques and can perform these to import emails from Outlook to G Suite. It will be also beneficial to know the reasons behind Outlook to G Suite email export. That is why we will begin our discussion with the causes of this export process.
Reasons for Outlook to Gmail Migration
Both MS Outlook and Gmail provide commendable service to the users. Still, users want to migrate Outlook emails to Google Apps for these common reasons:
- Switching Organizations: When an employee changes organizations, they also want to import the emails Gmail. Thus, they can export those emails to the email client of the new organization.
- Easy File Sharing: It is easier to share Gmail compared to Outlook PST files. That is why many users transfer their emails from Outlook to G Suite.
- Changing Client: Users may want to transfer emails from MS Outlook to G Suite for better features.
- Data Synchronization: Sometimes, a single user can have both email accounts. In that case, they might want to synchronize their data by converting PST email messages to G Suite.
Also, Read – Outlook Vs Lotus Notes
The techniques to Transfer Emails from Outlook to Gmail
In this segment, we will discuss the methods to perform the conversion process. Users can learn these techniques and implement them to import emails to Gmail. There are two different techniques to perform the migration. Both the methods are described here.
Transfer Outlook Mail to Gmail Using GSMMO Utility
In such a case, when the user has an Outlook application in the system, then they can use G Suite Migration for Microsoft Outlook or GSMMO tool. It is a program offered by Google that uses to transfer emails, contacts, and calendars from Outlook data file (.pst) to free Gmail and G Suite accounts. However, it has some constraints that should be known to the user before using this approach. All of the GSMMO limitations are listed below:
- It is mandatory to have an Outlook application installation in the system to run the GSMMO utility.
- You cannot move .pst, file data into multiple Google account in one shot. So, whenever the user needs to move Outlook mails into two or more Gmail, then you need to execute the tool again and again for every account.
- Cannot transfer data from secured Outlook data file to G Suite / Gmail account without a password.
- Creates lots of problems while importing huge Outlook .pst file to Gmail account.
Let’s check out how GSMMO can be used to transfer Outlook emails, contacts, and calendar entries into the desired Gmail account.
- First of all, you need to download the G Suite Migration for Microsoft Outlook.
- Once it is downloaded successfully, installed utility on the system.
- After installation, a sign-in dialog box opens on the screen. Here, you need to enter the Gmail or G Suite ID under the Email address box. Afterward, click on Continue for migrating Outlook email to Gmail.
- For profile validation, it redirects to the Sign-in page of Google in the browser where you need to select the account.
- In the next window, click on Allow to continue the process.
- Once the account validates, a new window appears on the screen. Here, you can choose the .pst file whose data you want to migrate. After that, you can either opt to Migrate all data or Migrate only the new data option. Then, click on Next.
- At last, the migration starts and you can easily view the live activity log report of the export process.
- After the completion of the process, you can see the migration of Outlook .pst file data into Gmail account as shown in the screenshot.
Transfer Emails from Outlook to Gmail using IMAP Method
Let’s go through the manual technique to export PST to G Suite step by step.
Step 1: Enable IMAP Setting of Preferred Gmail Account
- Open your Gmail account and click on the gear icon and then click Settings.
- Click on “Forwarding and POP / IMAP” tab and check if IMAP Access setting is enabled for this account. If not, then enable it.
Step 2: Configure IMAP Gmail Account in Microsoft Outlook
- Launch Outlook and go to File >> Add Account.
- Enter all required credentials of the Gmail account you want to configure in this Outlook account.
- Once the configuration is done, the Gmail account and its folders will be visible in Outlook.
- Click Send/Receive button to synchronize both accounts.
Step 3: Export Outlook PST to a Personal Folder in Gmail
- Select the Outlook folder you want to export. All emails of this folder will be visible in the right pane.
- Select all the emails you want to export and right-click to get options. From there, select Move >> Copy to Folder.
- Select the Gmail folder where you wish to export these emails. Click OK.
- All selected emails have been successfully migrated to Gmail. You can access these emails from your Gmail account now.
That’s all about how to Transfer Emails from Outlook to Gmail account without any problem. In this article, we have discussed a workaround for the same. We shared two different techniques to Transfer Emails from Outlook to Gmail one is using GSMMO other one is IMAP. From these two different methods, users can choose any one as per their choice.