EML (Electronic Mail) files are supported by the Windows Live Mail application and other 25+ emails clients to save the mailbox data within the profile. Many users use Microsoft Outlook to manage their crucial data. Outlook doesn’t support EML files so if the user wants to access their EML data in Outlook then, they need to convert EML to PST format first. PST (Personal Storage Table) is an easy-to-access format supportive to Outlook to save the mailbox information. Now many users will have queries regarding “how to import EML to Outlook PST?”.
In this article, we will discuss various reasons why users prefer Outlook over the EML supportive email client. Then, further, we will provide the best-recommended methods to import EML to Outlook. We are going to describe manual strategies as well as the automated EML to PST Converter for a quick conversion process.
Let’s now move to some common reasons why users need to open EML files in the Outlook program.
Reasons to Import EML to Outlook Account
There are various reasons for which users want to convert EML to PST file format. Some of the common reasons we have listed below. Go through the mentioned points for a better understanding of migration.
- If the EML file gets corrupted or damaged then, it becomes quite difficult for the user to access the crucial data. So they need to create a backup to their important data.
- When the user finds any error in accessing the EML files.
- Microsoft Outlook is considered to be one of the most secure email service providers.
- Outlook PST files are easy to access and portable in nature.
- If the configured account is deleted, the user then need to import EML to Outlook.
These are a few reasons to open an EML file in Outlook. Let’s now proceed further to different techniques to solve the query “how to import EML files into Outlook”. We will describe the manual and professional EML to PST Converter online solution.
How to Import EML to Outlook Using Manual Steps
Users can find the manual steps to convert EML to PST file format. Sometimes there are several risks of human errors that can lead to severe data loss. So it is suggested to create a copy of the EML data you want to export and then start the manual process of migration. Follow the steps listed here.
- Open the Windows Live Mail program.
- Click on the File tab.
- Go to the Export option and choose the email messages to export.
- Choose Microsoft Exchange in the export option.
- Click on the Next button.
- A pop-up will be shown on the screen that email messages are being exported to Outlook.
- Users can choose the entire email folder or any specific folder to export.
- Click on the finish button.
- Unable to export the email attachments to Outlook.
- More time-consuming process.
- Risk of data alteration or data loss.
- No data security or integrity promised.
How to Import EML to Outlook Using Professional Method
As the manual techniques possess several limitations that we have already seen above. So users can opt for an alternate automated EML converter to convert EML files to other file formats or email clients. The professional methods provide a quick and safe solution for conversion. DRS EML File Converter is able to open EML files without Outlook in PST, MBOX, PDF, MSG, HTML, TXT, Gmail, Yahoo, Office 365, Amazon webmail, etc. It supports EML files created by 25+ email clients that support EML files to save the mailbox data. It offers a user-friendly interface that can easily be used by any technical or even a non-technical user. The demo EML file converter version is also available that allows exporting 50 emails for free.
- Convert EML to PDF, OST, CSV, TXT, HTML, PST, MBOX, Gmail, Office 365, Amazon Mail, IMAP, Thunderbird, etc.
- Batch conversion is possible.
- No technical knowledge required.
- Offers a smooth user-friendly GUI.
- There are no file size restrictions.
- Offers date filter and naming convention options.
- No risk of data alteration or data loss.
- The free EML Converter version allows saving the first 50 emails for free.
Above we have discussed some recommended methods to solve the users’ query regarding how to import EML to Outlook including all the attachments. We have provided manual as well as automated solutions for migration. However, we have seen that the manual techniques have several limitations and are not able to export multiple emails along with the attachments. So it is suggested to use a reliable EML to PST converter for a hassle-free conversion.