MS Outlook only allows users to import PST files. So, Converting MSG files into Outlook is always a difficult task for users. If you are one of those users who are searching for a solution for the same query then, you are dragging on the right page. Here, we are going to discuss all the simple and possible ways to know “How to import MSG files into Outlook”. So, let us get started with an introduction to MSG files.
Expert Way – MSG to PST Converter
An Overview About MSG Files
MS Outlook is one of the most famous email clients that is used for sending and receiving emails. MSG is a mail message file format used by MS Outlook and Exchange. An MSG file contains message info such as sender, recipient, date, subject, and body of a message including the custom formatting as well as hyperlinks and attachments. But sometimes it is required by users to open MSG files on Outlook. At that, they need a conversion process. Now in the next section, we are going to discuss the same. Here you will find the list of two different techniques.
Methods to Import MSG Files into Outlook Manually
MSG email files can be migrated to Microsoft Outlook in a few ways. It depends on what you want to do with those files. Let’s go into detail so that you could choose the best solution.
The two ways to Import MSG files manually are listed below:
Approach 1. Using Drag and Drop.
After 3 simple steps, users can solve the issue of migrating MSG files into Outlook and access MSG with all MS Outlook editions.
- In MS Outlook, Under the Mail section create a new folder as your desired name to import all messages. You can also move MSG files into any existing folder (Inbox, Sent Items, or any custom).
- Now, Go to the location of the folder where you have stored all MSG files. Select all files (using ctrl+a) > drag all selected emails and drop them into a newly created folder.
- Now you can see that all messages are imported successfully. Make sure to check one of your emails and find attachments also.
Approach 2. Copy And Paste
This is a straightforward method, and you just need to follow the below steps to migrate MSG files into Outlook manually.
- Copy all MSG files from the location you saved them.
- After that, Open Outlook and simply paste the copied files in any desired folder of Outlook.
It is obvious that using manual methods has some disadvantages. When you want to convert one or two files then you can follow manual methods. But when it comes to migrating files in bulk, manual methods become time-consuming and irritating.
Also, Read – Transfer Emails From Yahoo to Gmail
Various workarounds to import MSG files into Outlook are described in this guide. Hopefully, you find this article enough to solve your query regarding “How to import MSG files into Outlook”. You need to execute the steps very carefully, otherwise, there are chances that you may lose your precious database.