Microsoft Outlook is one of the most popular email clients. It has over half a billion users across the globe. Despite so many active users, Microsoft Outlook offers the best service in comparison to other email clients. MS Outlook works smoothly but sometimes due to some bugs or corrupt files the Outlook keeps asking for password even though it is correct.
Use this Outlook Password recovery tool to restore access to your Outlook profile. The tool is easy to use and allows you to recover your passwords quickly and efficiently.
It can be frustrating to a user who is involved in drafting or sending an important email. It needs to be resolved to work continuously with Outlook. If you are one of those who try to find out the answer to why does my email keeps asking for credentials then this blog is for you.
Related Blog – How To Open Encrypted Email in Outlook?
It covers all the possibilities of Outlook constantly asking for password errors and discusses the most reliable solutions to fix this. Before going through the process of resolving this issue let’s discuss why this error occurs in Outlook.
Why Does Outlook Keep Popping Up For Passwords?
Most of the time MS Outlook keeps asking for password errors to occur due to the following reasons.
- Microsoft Outlook is configured for logon credentials: If this setting is enabled in the Outlook app then a user may face Outlook prompting for password error even though it is correct.
- Windows Upgradation: Sometimes when we update the window in our system then it can reset all the preferences set for certain apps. That’s why it is one of the reasons for this error.
- Corrupt/Damaged Outlook Profile: Sometimes Outlook is not able to recognize the saved password due to the corrupt Outlook profile. Therefore, it will be a reason for Outlook keeps asking for password issues.
- Configuration of Antivirus Settings: Antivirus installed in your system may stop Outlook from working smoothly. Hence, Outlook keeps prompting for passwords when you are working with Microsoft Outlook.
- Not having a strong Internet connection: Bad network connection is the prime reason behind this error. Due to the bad network Outlook lost the connection to the server which leads to this error.
It is advisable to have a strong or at least a stable internet connection while working with Microsoft Outlook. If Outlook keeps asking for the password after having good network connectivity then you have to execute the following methods.
How Do I Get Outlook To Stop Asking For My Password?
If you are facing Outlook constantly asking for password errors even after having strong network connectivity. That means you need to fix the other possibilities that can cause this error. Let’s discuss the effective methods to fix MS Outlook keeps asking for password even though it is correct.
Fix Outlook Prompt For Logon Credentials
You have to execute the following steps to get rid of this problem.
- Launch the MS Outlook in your system.
- Now, go to the File menu and then select Account Settings.
- Under the Account settings again choose the Account Settings option.
- Then, Select your Account and enter the password.
- Now, click on the Change button and then select More Settings in the new dialogue box.
- Now, uncheck the Always prompt for logon credentials and then tap OK.
Clear The Cached Password
If you are still facing the problem, Outlook keeps asking for password errors after disabling the login credentials. Then, it is required to clear the cached password using the Windows Credential Manager to resolve this issue. Follow the below steps to execute this process.
- Open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Now, select the User Accounts.
- After that click on the Manage Web Credentials.
- Now, find the credentials that have Outlook in their name.
- Select those credentials and then click on the Remove from Value or Remove.
- At last restart, the Outlook and check whether the issue is resolved.
If still the Outlook prompting for password then continue to the next solution.
Enable The Remember Password Option
Sometimes, we forgot to check the Remember Password option during login. This may also cause Microsoft Outlook to keep asking for password errors. To enable the remember password option you have to execute the following steps.
- Click on the Start icon and go to the Control Panel.
- Now, select the User Account option.
- Under the Mail, tab selects your account.
- After selecting your account, a window will pop up on the screen.
- Find the Remember Password option by scrolling down to the bottom.
- Then, check the Remember Password option.
This will enable the Remember Password option. If the problem still persists then try to execute the next solution.
Create A New Profile To Remove The Corruption From The Existing Profile
In some cases, the existing profile may get corrupted and the user has to create a new profile to remove the Microsoft Outlook keeps asking for password errors. To create a new profile you have to perform the following procedure.
- Close Microsoft Outlook on your PC or laptop.
- Now open the Control Panel and select the User Accounts option.
- Then, tap on the Mail option and select Show Profiles.
- Click on the Add button to create a new profile.
- Now, provide the name of the new profile.
- After selecting OK, enter your name and email address.
- Press Next and then click on the Finish button.
- At last, select your new profile as Always use this profile and then click on the OK to finish the task.
Now, you have created a new profile that will help to remove the corrupt existing profile. This will definitely resolve the issue. Outlook keeps asking for password issues. However, if this will not resolve the issue then you need to check if your Outlook is updated to the latest release version or not.
Update Outlook To The Latest Version
Follow the steps below to update MS Outlook to the latest release version.
- Open Outlook and then select the File option.
- Click on the About Outlook option.
- Now, select the Office Account from the list.
- After that click on the Update.
- At last, Select Update Now and check for any latest updates available.
All the above-discussed methods will surely help you to fix MS Outlook keeps asking for password errors. These are the effective methods to resolve any error that occurred in Outlook. However, if still, you are asking why does my email keeps asking for credentials then you have to go with an automated tool to resolve the Outlook constantly asking for password issues.
Automated Tool To Fix Outlook Prompting For Password Error
There are some automated tools available that help to resolve MS Outlook password issues in a very short time span. In this regard, PST Password Remover is one of the best tools available online to fix all Outlook password errors. It is a prominent utility to remove or apply passwords to Outlook PST files. Moreover, it has an interactive easy to use interface that allows a novice to perform the task easily. This tool is a reliable solution that is compatible with all the versions of Windows OS.
In this blog, we have discussed the possible reasons why Microsoft Outlook keeps asking for password even though it is correct. After understanding the reasons behind this, this blog further provides the best possible solution to fix the Outlook constantly asking for password errors. In this context, PST Password Remover is one of the most reliable automated tools available that allow you to remove the password from PST files.